Once again, I have been missing in action, and I swear I’m not going to do it again, but let’s face it, I have three children! I have been super busy with lots of exciting things happening in our family. No, I have not added another baby! LOL! But, we have moved from our home state to Oklahoma City! And honestly, it has been wonderful! Oklahoma seriously has it going on here! It’s beautiful, the people are so friendly, and there is a lot to do with your kids here! The only thing I’m missing out on here is my family and friends. :( With that thought, I have been searching for some mommy groups on Facebook here, and have discovered a few, but none of them are actually having playdates. This is no bueno for me, as my active little men are begging for some new friends, and school doesn’t start again till August! So, with that in mind, I’m thinking about starting one up. I mean after all, I co-operated one back home, how hard can it be?! That’s a joke by the way, because it does take a lot of work, which is why I was hoping to find one I could just jump into. AHHH!
Anyway, with so many things to do here in OKC, there has got to be some other moms looking to have some mommy talk while their kids play. With that being said, if you are a mom in the Oklahoma City Area looking to make some mommy friends search OKC Mamas on Facebook and add us! I’m already planning some fun things for this week. In the meantime, I’m going to share some of our favorite places to explore here in the OKC area.
My boys all time favorite place to go so far is Unpluggits. This place is so much fun, and it’s great for my kids’ different personalities. Mater loves to paint, glue, and cut to his little heart’s desire. While Mcqueen is playing dress up and climbing the jungle gym or playing on the pirate ship in the playroom. The princess is just content to play with the puppets or millions of balls floating around! Check them out, I promise you won’t be disappointed! http://www.unpluggits.com/
- Another favorite is the Science Museum in OKC. It’s huge, and there are tons of things that are age appropriate for little ones. I also was told the last time I was there, that they are working on expanding their children’s area and creating a pretend town! http://www.sciencemuseumok.org/
- When the weather is beautiful, you have to go to the Oklahoma City Zoo. I have yet to see it all in one day! It’s not just a zoo though, there is a splash creek, a children’s zoo, a train ride, carousel, sting ray bay, and a huge children’s playground. It’s very shaded, and you can bring in a cooler and picnic! http://www.okczoo.com/hours-and-admission/
- The Myriad Botanical Gardens is probably one of my favorite places to visit with the kids. It’s SO beautiful! There’s a splash ground for the kids and a unique and fun children’s play area that my boys think is so cool. If you get a chance pack a picnic and walk to the back part where there are these beautiful trees on hills and have a picnic! http://www.myriadgardens.org/
- I think we tend to forget about the public libraries in our area, and they’re always doing something fun for the kids during the week. We popped in one day and ended up doing ABC Yoga one day! The NW Library has a great children’s area with puzzles and activities, as well as an outdoor area to picnic for lunch. Check out their event calendar for storytimes. http://metrolibrary.evanced.info/signup/eventcalendar.aspx?df=list&nd=60
- If you’re looking for something free and fun for the kids, check out the Edmond Children’s Museum. Although it’s small, the kids always beg to go back here. They have a pretend grocery store, bank, jail, and other little town set ups. Along with an area with books, puzzles, and blocks. Outside there’s a small playground for the kids to burn some energy! The staff is very friendly and we always have a great time here. http://www.edmondhistory.org/exhibits/childrens-learning-center/
There’s really so so much more to do, but honestly I haven’t tried them all out yet! So until then, these are our favorites!