So, I know it’s been ages since I last posted, but I promise I have a good excuse… I’m SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT! With a three and four year old around, it hasn’t been so easy getting over to the blog! But, I’m here now, and I thought I would share some of my favorite things to have when pregnant! This is my third go round at this and I have definitely figured out a few things to make it not so miserable those 10 months. Oh you didn’t know? Yes you’re pregnant for 10 MONTHS, not this nine junk; they’ve been lying to you! Anyways, I hope some of these help you!
Supplies You Need To Survive:
1. Panty Liners- No, it’s not for that reason. It’s because when you’re pregnant you have all these lovely liquids sprinkling randomly from your body. Sometimes it’s pee, sometimes it’s something else.
2. Tums- Even if you’ve never had heartburn or indigestion in your life again, it’s coming your way! Sometimes it feels like hell fire is trying to come out of my throat!
3. Stool Softener- no one likes talking about this part, but let me help you out, do NOT avoid this tip. With all the prenatal vitamins and pressure from baby, you’re going to be constipated a lot! And I want to save you from the dying prayer to God while on the toilet… Please do not blow this one off!
4. Bella Band/Be Band- These little things are awesome when you’re not ready to switch to maternity jeans, they’re stretchy little bands that hold up your pants while they’re unbuttoned and they give your belly a little smoothness. I got the knockoff version from Target and love it!
5. Make Up- I don’t know your stand on make up as a woman, but your complexion is going to take a turn for the worse due to those lovely hormones. If you’re not a huge fan of make up, I recommend a little concealer and some tinted moisturizer. Trust me you will feel so much better with it on!
6. Heating Pad- I’m sure that some would argue, but it is safe to use a heating pad on your back and other muscles that are hurting. You don’t want to use them longer than 15 minutes at a time or on the highest setting, but it’s great for back relief!
7. Body or Pregnancy Pillow- sleeping becomes non existent at the end and no pillow is going to help, sorry. But when you have that bump and aren’t quite at the end, this can help give you something to wrap your leg around and sleep a little more comfortably!
8. Gas X- You probably think this goes with stool softener, but no this is something different. I never even knew was gas pains were until I was pregnant with McQueen! No one warned me, or told me what that pain was! I literally thought I was going into labor or dying, no joke. I quickly found out that spicy foods, tomato sauces, and broccoli are dead to me when I’m pregnant. I don’t know what your foods to avoid will be, but just to be safe get some of this before it’s too late!
9. Pregnancy Books and Journal- Every expecting mom has What To Expect When Expecting, but I also liked Belly Laughs for a good read and the hard truth! Also, you are going to be consumed waiting for this baby, so get you a journal to keep track of baby’s first ultrasounds and kicks. I even have a Pregnancy Countdown Binder (I like to make binders) where I keep track of appointments and classes, addresses for the shower, freezer meal ideas, and medicines that are safe while pregnant. It definitely gives me something to do!
10. Tissue/wipes- I know a weird one right? But these serve for multiple reasons. First of all your nose runs, no matter what the season! There’s a scientific reason I read for why this happens when pregnant but I can’t remember. Second, you sweat profusely… All the time, so it’s nice to have something to blot with. I also like to keep the cucumber melon scented wipes to freshen up, because I have found that between the sweating and other gross stuff going on you van have a certain aroma going on! I know gross, but it’s the truth!
Pregnancy isn’t always fun, but cherish it because you only get to do it a handful of times…. Unless you’re from the Duggars family! But hopefully, this helps ease some of your discomfort along the way, until you can meet your precious little one! Watch out for more pregnant posts in the near future!