As some of you may know, I am in love with my crock pot. Just because you’re a stay at home mom, doesn’t mean you actually stay at home. In fact, you probably spend more time outside of the house than in it… Between going grocery shopping, well check ups, sick visits, playdates, or being the ongoing taxi service for your kids in general, you don’t always have time to spend hours in the kitchen. Even if I were at home and could spend hours cooking, the boys wouldn’t give me that luxury! So that’s why I am such a fan of crock pot recipes! I can throw them together while the boys are still half asleep in the mornings, and voila! dinner is served that evening! Dorito Casserole, or “Yummy Chip” as the boys call it, is a favorite in our house, and now it’s even better because you can throw it in the crockpot and forget about it!
- 1 bag of Doritos
- 1 can of rotel (mild if you have kids or don’t like too much spice)
- 1 can of cream of chicken (if you like it extra creamy then add a can of cream of mushroom)
- 1 small block of velveeta cheese cubed
- 2-3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Add chicken breasts, rotel, cream of chicken, and velveeta to crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken halfway through.
- Stir occasionally.
- 30 minutes before serving add crushed Doritos on top, then add shredded cheese.