I’m sure you’ve heard me mention my friend Tammie before, and how awesome she is and what not. Anywho, one of the first times we hung out, this lady sealed the deal by bringing me some sopapilla cheesecake bars. I literally took one bite and had to take a moment to recompose myself because they were…. REALLY THAT GOOD! And since then, my life has never been the same, nor my pants Without further ado, here is the recipe I found on Pinterest, with a couple of my tweaks.
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Original recipe from http://cookiesandcups.com/sopapilla-cheesecake/.
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 2 (8 0z) packages cream cheese (room temp) or whipped cream cheese is smoother.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Nutella (optional if you want chocolate cheesecake filling)
- Honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and lay them flat in the bottome of a 9×13 casserole dish. Stretch them to cover whole bottom of dish, and pinch the seams closed.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup of powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until it is all combined and smooth like icing. (It helps if you have a cute helper like me to do the mixing part:)
- Spread the mixture over the top of the crescent rolls. This is also the time to spread Nutella on top of cheesecake mixture if you wish to do so.
- Make sure to take a moment to lick the spoons and bowl There’s always time!
- Unroll your last can of crescent rolls and spread this on top of the cream cheese and or chocoalte mixture. Again, stretching to cover mixture and pinching seams.
- Pour your melted butter on top of the crescent rolls.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining sugar and tbsp of cinnamon together and springle that evenly on top of butter. Unless you have a 3 year old helping then it will be all over the place of course!
- Drip a little bit of honey over the top, just to add some extra sopapilla flavor!
- Pop them in the oven and bake for about 30-40 mins or until the top is golden brown.
- Let them cool for about 20 minutes, then put them in the refrigerator to completely chill before cutting them in squares (otherwise it will be a complete mess).
I promise you will love this easy to put together dessert. It’s great for pot lucks and playdates too! So thanks again to my friend Tammie for this AMAZING dessert!